Arlington Heights Chiropractor
Here are the questions I get on an almost daily basis.
- Acute back pain treatment?
- Acute back pain, what is it?
- Acute Low Back pain treatment, what is it?
- Acute Low back pain, what causes it?
- Acute Lower back pain?
- Arthritis back pain, what is it?
Lets define Acute back pain.
Acute low back pain seen in our Arlington Heights Chiropractic clinic is most often caused by a sudden injury to the muscles and ligaments supporting the back. The pain may be caused by muscle spasms or a strain or tear in the muscles and ligaments. Very often the movement is the straw that "broke the camels back" meaning the misalignment that your body has been compensating for just couldn't keep up any longer. This is always cause by a subluxation.
Causes of sudden low back pain include:
- Herniated disc, bulging disc, decreased disc space, infection, sequestered disc
- Compression Fracture, osteporosis
- Cancer involving the spine
- Pressure on the spinal cord
- Muscle spasm (very tense muscles)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal) Arthritis
- Abnormal spine curvatures (scoliosis , kyphosis, lordosis), which may be inherited and seen in children or teens
- Strain or tears to the muscles or ligaments supporting the back
Low back pain may also be due to:
- Arthritis conditions, such as Osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Infection of the spine (osteomyelitis, diskitis, abscess)
- Kidney infection or kidney stones
- Medical conditions that affect the female reproductive organs, including endometriosis, ovarian cysts, ovarian cancer, or uterine fibroid
- An abnormal aortic aneurysm
- Pregnancy, normal or complications
Hurting your back can manifest itself in a variety of ways and symptoms.. Tingling or burning sensations, a dull aching feeling, or sharp-stabbing pain, radiating pain, leg pain, hip pain, muscle pain, stiffness soreness. Depending on the cause and severity, you also may have weakness in your leg, legs or feet and in emergency situations may loose bladder or bowel control. This would be a medical emergency and emergency care should be sought immediately.
Your pain may vary, annoying, moderate, severe or debilitating.
Depending on the cause of your acute back pain, you may also have pain in your leg, hip, or the bottom of your foot. Sciatica, Disc problems, arthritis flair up. The list is endless and the reason for an immediate, through exam by Dr. O’Hara in his Arlington Heights Chiropractic clinic.
Exams and Tests
At your first visit to our
Dr. Kevin will ascertain the cause of your acute back pain. Using simple measures, such as Chiropractic adjustment, ice, heat, electric stimulation, decompression, physical therapy, and proper exercises you will be well on your way to recovery. Without a doubt chiropractic is proven to work and studies confirm it's effectiveness over acute low back pain.
A physical exam, complete patient history, life style assessment (do you sit at work? Use a computer all day? Etc.” Orthopedic tests and in most cases in-office x-ray studies using our state of the art digital x-ray system or MRI may be in order. Dr. O’Hara will explain your options and together you can come up with the best approach to you recovery.
Call our Arlington Heights Chiropractic clinic for The Arlington Heights Chiropractor
Mount Prospect Chiropractor, Palatine Chiropractor, Rolling Meadows Chiropractor,